SummaryThe following table summarises the Lovelock trees and fragments that have their origins in Berkshire. It includes links (in the 'Tree Name' column) to the corresponding Descendant Trees. There are also links for some of the trees, in the 'Progenitor' column, to the Lovelock Webtrees portal (LovelockTrees). Webtrees is a tool for dynamic visualisation of genealogy data on a Web site. Essentially, all the available data in the gedcom file is accessible, including not only direct descendants of the progenitor of one of the trees, but any individuals to which the descendants are related in any way. In addition, all aspects of the data can be examined, including source references, notes, etc. There are also links in the table to the corresponding gedcom file itself where one exists.
|Number of Individuals|
|Aldermaston||23-Nov-18||Edward Loveluck, who was buried on 7 Mar 1701 at Sulhamstead Abbots, Berkshire||aldermaston||198||89*
||Gabriel Lovelock who married Sarah
Wood in Croydon, Surrey in 1824
|Beenham - Berks||03-Jul-18||James Lovelock, who was buried on 24 Mar 1800 at Beenham, Berkshire||Beenham||167||78
Lovelock who married Elizabeth Oxlade in
Bray, Berkshire, in 1774
||See notes below this table.||83
|Hungerford - Shalbourne||08-Oct-18||John Lovelock who married
Sarah Dore on 29 Apr 1770 at Hungerford, Berkshire
|Lambourn - Sparsholt||25-Nov-18||John Lovelock who may have
married a Jane or Jean, otherwise unknown, and Mary Drue
on 1 Nov 1708, and who was buried on 10 Nov 1724 at
|Shaw cum Donnington Tree||03-Jul-18
||Edward Lovelock, who married Hannah Stockwell on 4 Sep 1692 at Shaw cum Donnington, Berkshire||shaw-berks||223
||25-Nov-18||Thomas Lovelock, who married
Joane Unknown, and was buried in Fawley, Berkshire on 14
||Edward Lovelock who married Elizabeth Downham on 1 Jun 1634 at Thatcham, Berkshire||19
|Wallingford Berks Line||9-Oct-18
||John Lovelock b abt 1740, who married Mary Whitwick at Wallingford, Berkshire on 15 Nov 1779||wallingford||1586||469
1. That Thomas was the man baptised at Hungerford in 1774, which would be consistent with his age at burial.Links to supporting Census entries elsewhere on the website are included at the end of the fragment, which was added to the website on 12 Nov 2012.
2. That Sarah was the Sarah Lane born at Thatcham in 1785, and that she married Thomas at Kingsclere in 1805.
3. That said Thomas had previously married Martha Dopson in 1802, despite there being no apparent burial of Martha in our records.
4. That the man who married Martha Dopson was the Thomas baptised at Ramsbury in 1781.
5. That the Thomas baptised at Ramsbury in 1781 married Sarah Lane at Kingsclere in 1805, although this would not be consistent with his age at burial.
6. That Thomas and Sarah, the progenitors of this fragment, are an as-yet-undiscovered couple.
[John Lewis believes 1. and 2. to be the case, and has incorporated the relevant information into his Kingsclere families database.]