Update History for the Lieflock Line
The original collection of Lovelock fragments collected together by Robert Sterry, and based on the research by Gwen Eastment and Graham Lovelock, contained a fragment labelled "Fragment 10 bis". Robert subsequently produced an extended version of this fragment, which became known as the Lieflock line, after the progenitor Richard Lieflock (Lieflock being one of the variants on the Lovelock name).
April 2000 Graham
provided some comprehensive Notes
on the Lieflock Line. Graham
also provided some
Robert Sterry provided some Comments on Graham's Comments on the Lieflock Line (also version in Word format).
Graham Lovelock in turn provided a Response to Robert's Comments on Graham's Comments on the Lieflock Line
I have now
updated my database to take into account these comments. Updates
reflected in a note on Lieflock
Line Actions which is based on
the above notes, with annotations
describing the changes I have
made to my database in response to the different
Subsequently, further additions
and corrections have been made to
the Lovelock database, and the current state of affairs is always
- An updated version of The Lieflock Line
- An updated version of the
(Wiltshire) Wiltshire Trees
gedcom file, which includes the Lieflock Line.
[Note that the gedcom file is not restricted to the Lieflock Line, it also includes the Tangley Tree and the Wootton Rivers tree.]
- Updates and additions to the descendants of Thomas Lovelock (1843-1933) and Sarah Mildenhall, including material from Malcolm L.
- Descendants of Alfred John Lovelock (1863-?) of Pewsey. Input mainly from Graham L
- Descendants of Henry Hillier and Elizabeth Lovelock; material provided by Carol Dunkley
- Added details for Henry Lovelock (1846-1923) and Charlotte Aldridge (1852-?) provided by David Lovelock in email to lovelock-l list 15-Sep-03, plus additional info from Graham L.
- Added details of some g. children of Maurice L (bap Apr 1820 Pewsey) and Louisa Stone, provided by Graham L
- Added Mary Lovelock (bap 30 Sep 1855) dau of George Champion and Charlotte Lovelock (1823-1886) and her illegitimate children Charles Frederick (bap 29 Sep 1878 East Grafton) and Eveline Louise Lovelock (bap 5 Jun 1881 East Grafton) ; also 2 children of Charles Frederick L. This follows email correspondence forwarded to Lovelock mailing list by John Lovelock 24-Mar-04 and 31-Mar-04.
- Finally, quite a few updates using additional Lovelock extracts from PRs (Robert Sterry et al), corrections from Graham L. etc.
An update to The Lieflock Line was made on 30-Nov-04. This was a minor update which included details concerning the children of George L (bap. 14 Jun 1815 at Gt Bedwyn) and his second wife Eliza Fisher II including data provided by Jean Gilmore and Graham Lovelock, together with some minor corrections and additions.
Updated 31-Jan-05. Additional details concerning the family of Thomas Lovelock (bap 6-Dec-1761 at Tangley) and Ann Hull (identification of surname also new), including 3 additional children. This follows an extended discussion between Graham Lovelock and Robin Lovelock.
- Added details of descendants of Thomas Lovelock (bap 29 Jul 1827 at Lambourne, Berks) and Ann Nutley submitted by Graham Lovelock. Some of the data (in particular concerning the family of Henry Lovelock b 2Q 1864 at Lambourne and Ruth Hicks) was previously available on the Web site of Maurice Carne at http://www.mocarne.supanet.com/ and has been used with his permission.
- Following email from Robin Lovelock 4 Mar 05 identified Edith
John Edward Postill at Marlborough 19 Nov 1899 as the dau of
& Martha Cook b. 1878 at Pewsey.