|Log entries for 2006|| Log entries for 2008
|Note:This page of the website only details changes made during 2007. Please use the links above to access material from the previous or next year. These logs are provided "as is" and there is no guarantee that the links, or the material that is referenced, are still valid as material is moved around, deleted, or superseded by the results of our later research. If, in that case, you are having difficulty finding material referenced below try using the Web Site Search Facility instead.|
- 11-Dec-07: Added or updated a number of collections of census records for Middlesex:
- Lovelock extracts for
Middlesex from the 1841 census
- Lovelock extracts for Middlesex from the 1871 census
- Lovelock extracts for Middlesex from the 1881 census
- Lovelock extracts for Middlesex from the 1891 census
- 10-Dec-07: Added Lovelock Lines 6th
Edition (PDF file, 0.9 MB)
Many thanks to all the contributors, and to Yann Lovelock who did the editing. The file size is about 0.9 MB so it may take some time to download. Contents of this edition include:
- Editorial, by Yann Lovelock
- A Puzzle of Sorts - Wilfred Michael (Bill) Lovelock provides some fascinating background to the St Pancras Tree
- Lovelock Avatars - An update from Yann on Lovelocks in literature
- Jack Lovelock - A preview of a recent book on the New Zealand athlete by Robert Chapman
- 24-Nov-07: The Hungerford - Shalbourne Tree has been updated, and moved from the Work in Progress page to the Berkshire Family Trees & Fragments page. The main change consists in the addition of a 'Burghfield branch' to the tree, provided by Graham Lovelock, with contributions from Robin Lovelock and James Loveluck. The branch begins with an additional son, Thomas Lovelock ( 1813-1865), of James Lovelock ( 1771-1825). Graham also identified the marriage of the said James Lovelock to Lucy Doer (or Dore) at Burghfield on 2 Nov 1812. The new branch is supported by a number of records from parish registers, the GRO and census returns, all of which are included in the corresponding gedcom file, which can be downloaded from the gedcoms page, or browsed on the Webtrees site.
- 14-Nov-07: Added the following notes related to the fragment concerning Jack Lovelock, the NZ athlete:
- Note on Flight Officer James Benjamin Lovelock, provided by Jack Lovelock (not the NZ athlete!) extracted from the book "for Your Tomorrow" by Errol W. Martyn, who spent many years compiling the history of the RNZAF including the details of how every NZ airman perished in the air from 1914 through to 1998
- Notes on Ancestors of John (Jack) Edward Lovelock 1910-1949, NZ Athlete. A summary of a recent, rather inconclusive, investigation of the origins of John Edward Jones Lovelock, father of Jack Lovelock, with contributions from Vicki Houlbrooke, Robert Sterry, Graham Lovelock and Jack Lovelock.
- 8-Nov-07: Added
a Portsmouth Tree.
This tree is not entirely new, and is based on the Ropley -
Portsea/Portsmouth Tree contributed by Roger Hobbs in March
2006. However, the proposed connection to the Ropley -
Crondall Tree is not included in this tree, since evidence
for this connection is lacking - see the Note on the Proposed
Link Between the Portsmouth and Ropley Trees. In
addition to removing this connection, this version of the
Portsmouth Tree also includes a number of other modiications,
which are described in a Note
on Changes and Additions to the Portsmouth Tree
A number of files have been updated to reflect these changes, including the following:
- The Portsmouth Descendant Tree.
- The table on the page Hampshire Family Trees and Fragments has been updated to include this new tree
- The gedcom file for the Portsmouth Tree has been added to the gedcom files page
- The gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated tree can be browsed by selecting the Portsmouth Tree
- 29-Oct-07: Updated the Lovelocks in Hants file with the following minor changes:
- Odiham: entered a marriage provided by John Lewis, email to
Lovelock mailing list 4-Sep-07:
George Lovelock married Elizabeth Wheeler 25 Aug 1821 at Odiham
- Crondall: corrected entry for marr of Abraham Lovelock to Martha Wheeler (date is 25 Dec 1831 not 25 Sep 1831) following email to Lovelock mailing list from John Lewis 4-Sep-07 and confirmation from Mike & Alison Turner
- 24-Oct-07: Updated
the Wallingford Berks Line using a revised version of the
corresponding database provided by Robert Sterry. A number of
changes and additions have been made, including the following:
- The Marriage Certificate detail of William George LOVELOCK ( 1873-1924) and Mary Ann REGAN 1896 (sent by John Lovelock)
- Detail/updates/corrections/notes from the latest 2007 version of the file titled 'A Tale of Five Brothers' researched by John Lovelock. The five brothers were the sons of the above mentioned William George LOVELOCK and Mary Ann REGAN
- The detail of the Will of John LOVELOCK of Watlington ( 1783-1848) (sent by John Lovelock)
- Detail from the Wallingford Inhabitants Index by the Wallingford Historical and Archaeological Society (obtained by John Lovelock from David Pedgley in Feb 2007)
- Updates on the HILLAM family from Shirley Hart (received
by letter June 2007)
(not included on the Web site, since it concerns living individuals)
- Additional material provided by Lyndall Linaker to James
Lovelock (Aug 2007)
(not included on the Web site, since it concerns living individuals)
- Details of marriages of William LOVELOCK ( 1899-1986) and of his son Gregory () provided by Graham Lovelock
- Entered additional children of Sarah LOVELOCK ( 1811-?) and George BAYLIS, and details of their marriage
- Entered additional material, some provided by Graham Lovelock, concerning the following individuals:
- Family of Charles Gibbs LOVELOCK ( 1831-1883) and Annis ALDERMAN
- Family of William Hudswell LOVELOCK ( 1835-1917)
and Louisa Elizabeth HIBBIT
- Marriage of Evelyn Annie LOVELOCK ( 1891-?) to Stanley G CLIFTON, together with 2 children.
- Marriage of Dorothy May LOVELOCK ( 1895-?) to Alexander MABEY
- Marriage of Caroline LOVELOCK ( 1861-?) to Charles Henry HOWSE
- Marriage of Kate Elizabeth LOVELOCK ( 1863-?) to David TANSLEY
- Details of marriage of Edward LOVELOCK ( 1877-?) to Minnie Louisa TOLLEY,
A number of files have been updated to reflect these changes, including the following:
- The Wallingford Berks Line descendant tree: HTML format and PDF format
- The tables on the pages Berkshire Lovelock Family Trees and Lovelock Family Trees (Overview) have been updated
- The gedcom file for the Wallingford Berks Line has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated tree can be browsed by selecting the Wallingford Berks Line
- 21-Oct-07: Removed the family of 'strays', William Lovelock (b abt 1867 at Stoke Newington), spouse Emma and children, from the Work in Progress page. This family, previously indicated by Michael Lovelock, is now included in the Farnham, Surrey Tree, proposed by Graham Lovelock.
- 13-Oct-07: A new
database has been created for the Lambourn - Sparsholt tree. A
gedcom file, available for download from the gedcoms page, and the corresponding descendant tree
were generated from this new database. The gedcom file has
also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees
site, and the tree can be browsed by selecting Lambourn
- Sparsholt Tree.
The database is based on the information contained in the previous version of the descendant tree, together with the associated census records, but a number of changes and additions have also been made, details of which are contained in a Note on Changes and Additions to the Lambourn - Sparsholt Tree.
- 11-Oct-07: Updated the descendant tree for the Glamorgan Lovelucks. This tree corresponds to the latest update on the Loveluck Web site, where details of the changes are available and the gedcom file can be browsed using Kiwitrees (a variant of Webtrees).
- 30-Sep-07: Updated the Compton/Winchester (Hants) Proposal, with a more recent version provided by Robin Lovelock and Graham Lovelock. This version includes a number of additions and modifications, including:
- Additional children of Thomas LOVELOCK & Mary CHILDS: Elizabeth bap 9 Jan 1791; Sarah bap 4 Mar 1798, marr Henry MARTIN; Mary bap 4 Sep 1803, marr William CARTER
- Additional marriage of William LOVELOCK (bap 24 Feb 1793) to Priscilla GODWIN, together with 4 sons and 3 daughters and their descendants. This marriage preceded William's marriage to Sarah PERREN. Son George (bap 21 Jan 1827) marr Ann UNKNOWN, together with descendants, had previously been assigned to family of William's brother John and spouse Mary PAIN.
- Additional children of John LOVELOCK & Mary PAIN: Elizabeth bap 13 Sep 1818, William bap 24 Nov 1822, Mary bap 4 Jul 1824. Previously assigned son George (bap 21 Jan 1827, marr Ann UNKNOWN), together with descendants, reassigned to family of John's brother William - see above.
- Additional marriage of Mary Ann LOVELOCK (bap 18 Jun 1837, dau of Charles LOVELOCK and Mary Ann COOK) to Thomas COX, together with one son.
- As noted in the file, the list of relevant census records, and the details of the census returns are subject to revision. Study of the corresponding images has revealed some discrepancies, which need to be corrected in a systematic fashion.
- Further amendments or more precise BMD references may be added
- 29-Sep-07: Added two files containing Lovelock and Loveluck entries from ships' passenger lists in the period 1920 to 1929, compiled by Graham Lovelock. These files are linked to the section on Emigration and Ships' Passenger Lists in the General Sources page.
- 16-Sep-07: Updated the Lovelocks in Hampshire file as follows:
- Winchfield, marriages: Corrected year (1885 instead of 1882) of date of marriage of William Richard Lovelock ( 1857-1939) to Ellen Holdaway, following email from 'Heather'
- Combe baptisms: Added a note that the IGI records are erroneous and are duplicates of some Compton baptisms, as pointed out by Robin Lovelock and Nigel Gerdes, and confirmed by John Lewis. Added a baptism record for Elizabeth Lovelock 25 Dec 1718, provided by John Lewis
- 14-Sep-07: Added a collection of Lovelock extracts from US Census records for 1860, 1870, 1900, 1910 and 1920, provided by Prescott Smith. The file is linked to the North American Lovelock Records page in the Sources section.
- 10-Sep-07: Updated
the Lieflock Line and
the Wootton Rivers Tree. In
For the Lieflock Line the following changes were included:
- A large number of additions and corrections concerning the descendants (mainly in Australia) of George Lovelock (, 1802-1853) and Ann Glass, as provided by Graeme Moad. Many of the details were supported by Australian BMD records. The most important changes concern:
- The family of Elijah Lovelock (, 1829-1907) and Mary Ann Martin
- Spouse (Henry Ridley) and children of Ada Lovelock (, 1856-1939)
- Four additional children, together with their families, of George Lovelock ( 1836-?) and Clara Winzor
- Details of spouse William Henry Pethick of Alice Pengilley, dau of Henry Pengilley and Elizabeth Lovelock ( 1840-1922) together with details of their children
- Additional children of William Lovelock ( 1845-1903) and Caroline Kay Pengilley
- Additional children of Richard Lovelock ( 1850-1936) & Emma Toll, together with their families and descendants
- Additional children, their spouses, families of Thomas Glass Lovelock ( 1852-1929) & Sarah Beresford.
- Added Given Names of William Stephen Fidge, spouse of Harriet Lovelock (, 1864-?), date of their marriage and names, dates of birth and death of 8 children, all provided by Dianne Jensen
- Entered additional child Sarah Ann, dau of George Lovelock (, 1825-?) & Priscilla née Cope, together with supporting 1871 census record and FreeBMD record for birth
- Entered additional information concerning the descendants of Richard Lovelock ( 1836-1890) and Ellen Smith, as provided by Graham Lovelock. In particular:
- For Harriet Lovelock ( 1863-?), entered son William- Arthur born out of wedlock; spouse Richard Brunsdon and dau Florry Matilda
- For Elizabeth Lovelock ( 1865-?): entered spouse George Kite and 3 children
- For William Lovelock ( 1870-?): entered spouse Elizabeth Kate Taylor, and dau Sylvia D Lovelock
- For Albert Daniel Smith Lovelock ( 1875-?): entered spouse Sarah Prince and dau Ethel May Lovelock
- Entered additional dau Phoebe (b 1886) and son Frederick (b 1889) of Richard L & Ellen Smith
- Entered additional details concerning the descendants of James Lovelock ( 1867-?) and Mary Ann Pullen, as provided by Graham Lovelock
- Entered additional details of descendants of Frederick James Spicer Lovelock ( 1859-1921) and Mary Ann Blundy; also second marr of Frederick James Spicer Lovelock to Hester Colley, and their descendants. All information provided by Elizabeth Price
- The Lieflock Line descendant tree: HTML format and PDF format
- The Wootton Rivers descendant tree
- The table on the page Wiltshire Lovelock Family Trees has been updated
- The gedcom file for the "Wiltshire Trees 1" database has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated trees can be browsed by selecting Wiltshire Lovelock Trees - Lieflock Line, WR Tree and Tangley Tree
- 4-Sep-07: Updated the Hampshire - Suffolk - Rutland - Herefordshire Tree to include the following additions and modifications, contributed by Robin Lovelock and Graham Lovelock:
- added parents and six siblings of Thomas Lovelock , previously progenitor of this tree and for whom only his marriage to Olive Matton 30 Nov 1807 St Thomas Winchester had been known, thereby extending the tree 'back' a generation to Thomas L b 1743/44, buried 18 Feb 1827 Broomhill, Otterbourne, Hants, md Lydia Carter at Twyford nr Winchester 21 Nov 1771; PR and census records concerning several members of this family added
- some changes and/or additions to BMD and other data entered for the children of George Lovelock  (now himself shown as b 1807/1809 Winchester) and his wife Martha 
- some changes and/or additions to BMD and other data entered for the children of John Thomas Lovelock  b 4Q 1844 Winchester d 4Q 1873 Whitchurch RD Hants and his wife Sarah Susan  (née Phillis); details also added concerning Sarah Susan's second marriage 1Q 1876 and her two children thereby
- added wife and daughter of Walter John Lovelock  b 1Q 1868 (previously shown as Walter L b abt 1867) in Stockbridge, Hants, with supporting GRO and census records
- some changes and/or additions to BMD and other data entered for Frederick Lovelock  b 3Q 1853 (birthplace now shown as Winnall, nr Winchester), his wife Mary Ann  (née Fineck), their children and daughters-in-law
- amendments have also been made to dates and/or places of birth (also given names), marriage, or death of a number of other individuals included in the tree, in the light of additional data
- a considerable amount of additional supportive material has been added throughout the database, mainly consisting in source references to census, GRO and parish records
- all census extracts previously included have been checked and revised transcriptions provided;'county-by-year' collections on the website will be updated in due course to reflect these
- as 'work-in-progress' the data contains numerous uncertainties and puzzles, some longstanding (and now re-examined), others new; to assist in further research these are discussed at length in notes to the persons concerned, which can be examined - along with other detailed changes mentioned above - by downloading the gedcom file or viewing via Webtrees
- The Hampshire - Suffolk - Rutland - Herefordshire descendant tree
- The table on the page Hampshire Lovelock Family Trees has been updated.
- The gedcom file for the "Hampshire - Suffolk - Rutland - Herefordshire Tree" database has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page.
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated tree can be browsed by selecting Hampshire - Suffolk - Rutland - Herefordshire Tree
- 27-Aug-07: Updated the Wiltshire - Cornwall Tree, to incorporate the following changes provided by Graham Lovelock:
- Added husband and dau of Hilda Mary Lovelock ( b 2Q 1896) with supporting GRO refs.
- More precise dob together with FreeBMD record for Mary Ann Lovelock ( 1857-?)
- Entered spouse Rhoda Smith and daughter Dorothy Lovelock of William J Lovelock ( 1886/87 -?)
- Entered spouse Janie Heather and son Robert J Lovelock of Robert James Lovelock ( 1887 -?)
- Corrected typo in surname of spouse of Charles H Lovelock ( 1888/89-?) - was Glibert, corrected to Gilbert
- Entered spouse James H Rowe and marr details for Elizabeth Lovelock ( 1890-?)
- Corrected name and entered detailed dob for James (Medlin) Lovelock ( 1869-1906)
- The Wiltshire - Cornwall descendant tree
- The table on the page Wiltshire Lovelock Family Trees has been updated.
- The gedcom file for the "Wiltshire - Cornwall Tree" database has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page.
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated trees can be browsed by selecting Wiltshire - Cornwall Tree
- 21-Aug-07: Added a Second London Tree
(mainly St Pancras), constructed by Graham Lovelock from
material provided by Bill Lovelock. Some explanatory comments
are included at the head of the document.
The tree is linked to the page Lovelock Trees and Fragments for Other Count(r)ies (which has been updated accordingly), and complements the existing material in the document A London (mainly St Pancras) Tree and Fragments. Two of the fragments at the end of this document (and the associated notes) have been removed, since they have been amalgamated into the new tree. In addition, an error has been corrected in the main tree in this file (descendants of Charles Lovelock and Eleanor Cleland): the family previously ascribed to Arthur Richard Lovelock (b 8 Apr 1854) actually belongs to Arthur James Lovelock, in the new tree.
- 1-Aug-07: Changed the format and content of the 'Home page' for the Lovelock Web site, in an attempt to make it more attractive and informative, especially to first-time users. The page now includes a description of the organisation of the Web site, which it is hoped will help new users (and perhaps some not so new users) to find their way around. Changes have also been made to the 'Lovelock Family Trees' page in order to clarify the different ways of exploring the family trees.
- 30-Jul-07: Following a discussion on the Lovelock mailing list, updated the Lyneham Line and the Marlborough Tree. Also made a minor change to the Wroughton/Tidcombe Tree
- Entered probable marriage for Stephen Lovelock ( 1871-1962) to Elizabeth Difford Sep 1898 in Cardiff RD (previously had spouse as Elizabeth Unknown). Also entered probable FreeBMD birth record for Elizabeth Emily Difford in Bedminster RD, Mar 1875
- Following email to Lovelock mailing list from Graham Lovelock, entered additional details for descendants of Jacob Lovelock ([1319, 1846-1916) and Jane Wilkins: GRO refs for deaths of Jacob and Jane; GRO birth record for son Arthur; marriage of latter to Maria Rebecca Nunn; details of two children of latter couple; GRO birth records and marriage records for several other children of Jacob & Jane.
- Started a new tree in the 'wilts-trees2' database: descendants of James Lovelock ( 1810-?) and Sukey Hunt, marr Marlborough 24 Apr 1834. Entered all data previously in descendant tree on Web site, and added some source refs for baptisms. marriages, burials from Lovelocks in Wilts file and GRO BMD events from FreeBMD. Entered the marriage of William Lovelock ( 1860-?) to Ellen Maria de Montier, as provided by Graham Lovelock in email to Lovelock mailing list.
- Entered additional details of family of William Lovelock
( 1860-?) and Ellen Maria De Montier, as provided by
John Lewis in email to Lovelock mailing list: 1891 census
record for family; details of parents of Ellen Maria de
Montier from 1871 census record for family; GRO records for
birth of Ellen Maria and for mariage of parents.
Entered marriage of Daisy Agnes Lovelock ( 1887-?, dau of above) to John Charles Burtenshaw, and their son John D Burtenshaw (details of latter provided by Graham Lovelock).
Entered marriage of Winifred Daisy Lovelock (, 1891-?) to Howard Stebbings; also entered details of their 2 children as identified by Graham Lovelock
- Added details of 3 children of Margaret Lovelock (, 1888-?) and Oliver Ernest Breadmore, as provided by Graham Lovelock in a message to the Lovelock mailing list 7-Jun-07
- The Lyneham Line descendant tree
- The Marlborough descendant tree
- The Wroughton/Tidcombe descendant tree
- The tables on the pages Lovelock Family Trees and Wiltshire Family Trees and Fragments have been updated.
- The gedcom file for the "wilts-trees2" database has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page.
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated trees can be browsed by selecting the Wiltshire Lovelock Trees - A Collection of Various Trees. Alternatively, the following links will take you to the individual at the top of the trees:
- 26-Jul-07: Added
links from the page Lovelock
Entries in Ships' Passenger Lists 1890 - 1919 to
additional details provided by Colin Borrott-Maloney for two
individuals: Alice Lovelock (emigrated 1911) and James Lovelock
- 25-Jul-07: Updated the Ropley-Crondall (Hants) Tree, following the discussion on the Lovelock mailing list. Changes include the following:
- Entered 1891 census record (Eton Bucks, provided by Graham Lovelock) for Lucy Lovelock ( bap 18 Feb 1849)
- Added 1901 census record for family of Thomas Lovelock ( 1852-1928) and family, provided by Graham Lovelock
- Added 1891 census record for George Lovelock (, 1878-?), son of above Thomas, living with grandfather James Barker, as provided by John Lewis
- Entered details for Annie Olive Lovelock, dau of Thomas L
& Maria Jane Barker, provided by Daphne King
Also found a possible 1901 census record for her (but note that this is in contradiction with her supposed death 1890/1891)
- Entered 1891 census record for Thomas & Maria Jane Lovelock and family, provided by John Lewis
- Entered 1901 census record for Lily Mary Lovelock ( 1875-1960) together with notes provided by Daphne King
- Deleted the entry for Ellen Annie Lovelock, b 1Q 1885 in Reading RD as dau of Thomas L & Maria Jane Baker (she belongs to the Marlborough tree).
- Entered FreeBMD reference for birth of Ellen Maria (Nelly) Lovelock ( b Jun quarter 1892 in Reading RD) and marriage to Cecil Brown.
- Removed the marriage of William Lovelock ( 1863-? brother of Thomas L above) to Ellen Maria de Mantier (this is a different William in the Marlborough tree) and replaced it with his marriage to Emma Louisa P Taylor, as provided by John Lewis. Also entered relevant census records provided by John Lewis (we already had 1871 and 1881 records, provided previously by Colin Borrot-Maloney). Entered details of 3 sons of William and Emma Louisa, derived from 1901 census record provided by John Lewis.
- Added transcription from image by Robin Lovelock of 1891 census record from family of Thomas Lovelock ( 1852-1928) and Maria Jane Barker, which makes names of children clear.
- Added notes from Daphne King about Ellen Annie/Ellen Maria/Nelly Lovelock ( 1892-1974).
- Entered GRO death record (includes dob) for above, GRO record for marr to Cecil H Brown, 3Q 1928, and details of son Anthony H Brown, all provided by Graham Lovelock,
- The Ropley-Crondall (Hants) descendant tree
- The tables on the pages Lovelock Family Trees and Hampshire Family Trees and Fragments have been updated.
- The gedcom file for the "Ropley-Crondall (Hants) Tree" database has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page.
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated trees can be browsed by selecting Ropley, Crondall, Dogmersfield (Hants) Tree
- 16-Jun-07: Added a complete collection of Lovelock extracts for Middlesex from the 1861 census, provided by Graham Lovelock
- 5-Jun-07: In the collections of Trees and Fragments, links to the progenitor of the tree in the Webtrees database have been added for some trees. The links are in the tables on the following pages
- Lovelock Family Trees (overview)
- Wiltshire Lovelock Family Trees
- Berkshire Lovelock Family Trees
- Hampshire Lovelock Family Trees
- Lovelock Trees and Fragments for Other Count(r)ies
- 1-Jun-07: Added a section on Emigration and Ships' Passenger Lists to the General Sources page. Currently this contains links to two files containing Lovelock and Loveluck entries from ships' passenger lists in the period 1890 to 1919, compiled by Graham Lovelock.
- 26-May-07: Added the following complete collections of census records for Surrey, provided by Graham Lovelock:
- Lovelock extracts for
Surrey from the 1841 census
- Lovelock extracts for Surrey from the 1861 census
- Lovelock extracts for
Surrey from the 1871 census
- Lovelock extracts for Surrey from the 1891 census
- 18-May-07: Added a collection of Australian birth, marriage, death and army records to the Australia and New Zealand records page. This collection was provided by Christopher Hewson, and complements those we had previously, although there is quite a bit of overlap between the different collections.
- 13-May-07: Updated the descendant tree for the Glamorgan Lovelucks. This tree corresponds to the latest update on the Loveluck Web site, where details of the changes are available and the gedcom file can be browsed using Webtrees.
- 4-May-07: Added a link on the General Sources page (in the wills section) to the Lovelock Wills from the Wiltshire and Swindon Archives 1537 - 1858
- 4-May-07: Added links to a new General Information section on the Wiltshire Records page to Wiltshire local history documents (on the British History Online Web site)
- 4-May-07: Added a complete set of census records (1841-1901) for Gloucestershire. The files were provided by Graham Lovelock, and are linked to the Gloucestershire Records page
- 3-May-07: Added complete collections of Lovelock/Loveluck census records for 1871, 1891 and 1901 for Glamorgan. These collections were provided by Graham Lovelock and are linked to the Glamorgan Records page.
- 1-May-07: Made a minor change to the Lovelock extracts for Wiltshire from the 1871 census - added John Lovelock at the Marlborough Union Workhouse, Preschute, who had been transcribed as Lowcock.
- 23-Mar-07: Added transcripts of four more wills to the collection of Lovelock Wills from the Wiltshire and Swindon Archives 1537 - 1858:
- Thomas Lovelock of Kintbury, Berks (1711)
- Constant Lovelock of Kintbury, Berks (1735)
- John Lovelock of Ramsbury, Wilts (1790)
- Charles Lovelock of Mere, Wilts (1798)
- 19-Mar-07: Updated the Farnham, Surrey - Tree to a new version provided by Graham Lovelock. This update includes several substantial additions and a number of minor changes. It also includes contributions from: Mick Lovelock, who sorted out which Stephen born in 1864 was the one who married an Elizabeth from Leytonstone; Brian Runagle, who provided details of the family of Henry Richard Lovelock and Sarah Susannah Thomas; and Keith Riley, who provided details for the family of Louisa Rebecca Lovelock (b 4Q 1884 in Leyton RD).
- 17-Mar-07: Added complete sets of census records for Cheshire, Cornwall and Essex. The census records are linked to new pages for these counties, as follows:
- 13-Mar-07: Added a file with census records from all years from 1841 to 1901 for Dorset. This file is linked to a new page for Dorset Lovelock Records.
- 8-Mar-07: Two of the
trees in the "Wiltshire Trees 1" database were updated as
- Lieflock Line (PDF file also updated):
- Corrected some baptism/birth entries for Great Bedwyn to
agree with records in Lovelocks in Wilts file. Changes
concern the following individuals:
- Edith Emma Lovelock ( 1893-?)
- Oliver Richard Lovelock ( 1893-?)
- Richard Lovelock ( 1895-1971)
- William George Lovelock ( 1896-?)
- Ernest Charles Lovelock ( 1897-1918)
- Following email exchange with Graham Lovelock, made the following changes and additions:
- Removed Herbert Daniel Lovelock as a son of Daniel Lovelock ( b abt 1863) and Martha Sophia Barley. Graham confirmed that in the 1901 census record Herbert Lovelock was recorded as their nephew, not son. Added a note about the possible parents of said Herbert Lovelock.
- Added a note about possible marriage of Charles L
( b abt 1868 Gt Bedwyn) 4Q 1895
In addition, for George Lovelock ( 1815-1884) and Eliza Fisher (2), added a note concerning the possible GRO birth record for Sarah Ann Lovelock Mar 1865, who was recorded as daughter's illegitimate daughter in the 1871 census record for George & Eliza. Mother not identified.
- Entered 1871 census record for family of James & Ann Mills. Latter is née Ann Lovelock ( bap 9 Nov 1823 at Gt Bedwyn); entered the 6 children of James & Ann Mills. Also entered this census record for Martha Lovelock ( bap 26 Feb 1860) niece of James & Ann Mills, also present in census record.
- Entered marriage of Martha Lovelock ( 1827-?) to
Henry Banning, 2Q 1878 in Pewsey RD, together with
supporting 1881 census record for family. (Previously had
Martha marr 4Q 1855 Pewsey RD to Unknown)
- Entered marriage of Martha Lovelock ( bap 7
May 1855 East Grafton) to Thomas James 4Q 1878 St Geo
Hannover Sq, together with four children and supporting
1881 1891 and 1901 census records
Also entered 1871 census record for family of Daniel Lovelock ( 1818-1899) and Ann Chouls (parents of Martha b 1855 above).
- Entered 1881 census record (in household of Henry Hedderely, Kensington) for Martha Lovelock ( 1860-?)
- following email from Graham Lovelock, entered two marriages (to James Jeffery and to John Knight) of Martha Lovelock ( b 4Q 1856 Almbourne Berks, daughter of William Lovelock & Vashti Smith), together with children by these marriages. Also entered 1881 census record for family of James & Martha Jeffery.
- Entered 1891 census entry for family of William Lovelock ( bap 20 Jul 1829 at Lambourne, Berks) and Vashti Smith, provided by Graham Lovelock
- Following email from Adrienne Lovelock, entered further details concerning children of Henry Lovelock ( 1865-?) and their descendants, in particular names of spouses; also entered name of spouse of Henry's brother Caleb
- Entered 1891 and 1901 census records for family of John & Martha Knight (née Lovelock  b abt Dec 1856). Provided by Graham Lovelock
- Tangley Tree:
- Entered the descendants of William Lovelock ( bap 19 Mar 1792 at Tangley) and Sarah Unknown, as provided by Graham Lovelock in a document sent by email.This amendment also includes a contribution from Mick Lovelock, who identified the Stephen Lovelock (b 1864) who married Hannah Marden as the son of Henry Lovelock, born 1835 in Sanderstead, Surrey
- The corresponding Lovelock Family Trees, Wiltshire Lovelock Family Trees and Hampshire Family Trees and Fragments have also been updated.
- The gedcom file for the "Wiltshire Trees 1" database has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page.
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated trees can be browsed by selecting Wiltshire Lovelock Trees - The Lieflock Line, Wootton Rivers Tree and Tangley Trees
- 6-Mar-07: Updated the descendant tree for the Glamorgan Lovelucks. This tree corresponds to the latest update on the Loveluck Web site, where details of the changes are available and the gedcom file can be browsed using Webtrees.
- 5-Mar-07: Added to the gedcoms page a link to a gedcom file for the Hampshire - Suffolk - Rutland - Herefordshire Tree. The gedcom file and the corresponding descendant tree were generated from a new database for this tree. The gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the tree can be browsed by selecting Hampshire - Suffolk - Rutland - Herefordshire Tree. The database contains essentially all the information that was included on the previous version of the tree, which was produced by Nigel Gerdes and Graham Lovelock, together with some additional details provided by Robin Lovelock, including the following:
- Added parish record and IGI record for marriage of John Thomas Lovelock ( 1844-1873) to Sarah Susan Phillis
- Removed GRO record for death of Martha, wife of George L ( 1807 - ?) and added note about a number of possible relevant events
- Added note about possible GRO records for marriage of above George L and Martha
- Added marriage note for John Lovelock ( 1811-1882) and Sarah Unknown to the effect that there are no females on the relevant page of the FreeBMD data
- Added full 1901 census record (provided by Graham Lovelock) for family of George G and Louise Lovelock (George L  1866-1938)
- Idem for family of Ernest Edward Walter Lovelock ( 1874-?)
- Added the 1871 census record for John Thomas Lovelock ( 1844-1873) and family; in fact John T Lovelock was recorded twice, once with his parents.
- 2-Mar-07: Added a
complete collections of Lovelock census records for Kent for all
years: 1841 to 1901.
The files are linked to the Kent Records page.
- Updated the Lovelocks in Hampshire file to correct some erroneous entries pointed out by Robin Lovelock. A number of baptism and marriage entries from the IGI had been incorrectly assigned to Porstmouth, St Thomas, rather than Winchester, St Thomas. Also made a number of other minor corrections pointed out by Robin.
- Also added to the Hampshire Records file two monumental inscriptions for Church Oakley, provided by Nigel Gerdes from the Hampshire Record Office
- 23-Feb-07: The Trees in the "Wiltshire Trees 2" database were updated as follows:
- Lyneham Line:
- Entered additional details of family and descendants of John Lovelock ( 1867-abt 1940) and Charlotte James, from gedcom file provided by Corinne Duffy 21-Jan-07
- Entered son William Francis of Alfred Lovelock ( 1853-?) & Catherine Lane, with birth details as provided by Ron Sheppard email 9-Jan-07, burial details provided by Paul Whitaker 15-Nov-06
- Entered additional details for the family and descendants of Henry John Lovelock( 1844-1886), in particular second marriage to Martha Bateman, and children of this marriage. Material provided by Graham Lovelock 20-Dec-06
- Wroughton/Tidcombe Tree:
- Following email from Graham Lovelock 2-Sep-06:
- added details of marriage of Mary Lovelock ( b abt Feb 1817) to William Kemble, together with details of birth of dau Mary Kemble and death of mother Mary; also added 1861 census record for family
- Entered death 2Q 1899 of John Lovelock ( b 25 Dec 1821)
- Added details from 1901 census for family of John James Lovelock ( 1854-1889, son of above John) & Rose Cakebread
- Entered approx date of birth and place of birth (from 1861 census record) for Ann Newman ( spouse of James Lovelock  1824-1898)
- Entered additional details found in Lovelocks in Gloucestershire file, IGI and GRO, concerning John Benjamin Lyndon Lovelock ( b abt Sep 1976) son of John James L and Rose Cakebread
- Following email from Simone Lay 21-Nov-06: entered details of marriage (previous to marrying Sarah Lovelock) of Thomas Lay ( abt 1837-1901) to Elizabeth White, and details of five children by this marriage; entered details of two additional children of Thomas Lay and Sarah Lovelock ( 1849-?), and corrected details for some of the other children
- Shrewton Tree:
- Following an email exchange with Brenda Jones, 11-Jan-07, entered additional details for family and descendants of Christiana Lovelock ( 1806-1883), including the years of birth for children of John Wicks and Christiana Lovelock and a note about where the family were living at the time of the 1851 census.
- Wootton Rivers Tree 2:
- Following exchanges with Simone Lay on Lovelock mailing
list, removed entry for burial of Mary Lovelock ( bap
31 Dec 1738 at WR) and added her marriage to John Goddard
7-Aug-1760. Also added a note to above Mary with the info
from Simone (see also below 8-Nov-06). Also entered details
of children of John Goddard and Mary Lovelock/Martin and
burial details for John Goddard, as provided by Simone Lay
in email 21-Nov-06
Following email from Robin Lovelock 5 and 6-Oct-06:
- Added note to John Lovelock ( father of Mary Lovelock/Martin) concerning the identification of his date of burial.
- Attempted to clarify the notes concerning the assignnment of two burials at WR (26 Apr 1760 and 20 Jan 1800); possible candidates are the above Mary Lovelock and her mother Mary née Winter, but also for the 1800 burial two other Mary Lovelocks bap at WR: Mary L daur of Francis L and Mary Truman bap 22 Nov 1772; and Mary L daur of John L and Elizabeth Hancock bap 31 Dec 1780
- The tables of Lovelock Family Trees and Wiltshire Lovelock Family Trees have been updated.
- The gedcom file for the "Wiltshire Trees 2" database has been updated and can be downloaded from the gedcom files page.
- The updated gedcom file has also been uploaded to the Lovelock Webtrees site, and the updated trees can be browsed by selecting Wiltshire Lovelocks - A Collection of Trees
- 21-Feb-07: Added a
table of Lovelock Wills
from the Wiltshire and Swindon Archives 1537 - 1858
The table includes links to images of the wills (when available) at the Wilts & Swindon archives Web site, and to transcripts of two of the wills.
The document is linked (in the "Wills" section) to the Wiltshire Records and to the Berkshire Records pages since some of the wills concern places in Berkshire.
- 19-Feb-07: Updated the file Lovelocks from the 1891 Census Returns for Wiltshire to include additions and corrections provided by Graham Lovelock. This document is now complete. The table on the census project page has been updated accordingly.
- 12-Feb-07: Updated the file Lovelocks from the 1851 Census Returns for Wiltshire to include additions and corrections provided by Graham Lovelock. This document is now complete. The table on the census project page has been updated accordingly.
- 31-Jan-07: Updated the file Lovelocks from the 1881 Census Returns for Hampshire to include all Lovelock households. This document is now complete. The table on the census project page has been updated accordingly.
- 25-Jan-07: Added new files, or updated existing ones, for the following census records for Buckinghamshire, all provided by Graham Lovelock:
- Lovelock extracts for
Buckinghamshire from the 1841 census
- Lovelock extracts for Buckinghamshire from the 1851 census
- Lovelock extracts for Buckinghamshire from the 1881 census
- Lovelock extracts for Buckinghamshire from the 1891 census
- Lovelock extracts for Buckinghamshire from the 1901 census
- 10-Jan-07: Updated the Lovelocks in Hampshire file to include additional records provided by Robin Lovelock for the following parishes: Compton, Micheldever, Winchester St Faith and St Cross, Winchester St Thomas
- 8-Jan-07: Updated the file Lovelocks from the 1841 Census Returns for Wiltshire to include additions and corrections provided by Graham Lovelock. This document is now complete. The table on the census project page has been updated accordingly.
- 2-Jan-07: Updated the Lovelocks in Wiltshire file. The update consists of two minor changes:
- Added a burial entry for Rodbourne Cheney, provided by Paul Whitaker from Bishop's Transcripts
- Added a clarifying note concerning baptism entries for Great Bedwyn for 1906 and later.
|Earlier Log entries||Later Log entries|